Last updated: January 6, 2019
Your Marketing Muse (H.K.) Limited (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”, “the Company” or “hkoffers”) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws.
Scope of Terms
Collection of Information
We may collect Personal Information that you provide to us while using our Site and information about how you use our Site including when you create a user account with hkoffers (“User Account”), visit our Site, use our Services or make any purchase on our Site.
When you register with us a User Account or amend any information of your User Account, we may collect your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, username, password and telephone number.
- Visiting or Making any purchase on our Site or Using our Services
- When you visit our Site, make any purchase or use our Services, we may collect and process certain information (which may contain your Personal Information or may contain non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to those set out below: Copies of correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between you and us; and between you and the third party operators;
- Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by hkoffers relating to our Services and newsletters and/or other marketing materials which may be published, circulated or distributed by hkoffers;
- Details of your usage of our Site (including traffic data, location data and length of user sessions);
- Information automatically collected and stored in our server or the server of our third party services provider by using or accessing to our Site (including the log-in name and password for your User Account, your computers Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser information, pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited).
- Purchase and Payment
- When you make a purchase, we may collect your payment details, billing and delivery addresses. We may also collect your email address and telephone number for contacting you in relation to our purchased Item(s). In case if the Item(s) is not delivered to you, we may request you to provide the name, delivery addresses and telephone number of the recipient.
- We use third party payment service to process online transactions. When you make a purchase, your information needed to process the payment (in particularly your credit card information) will be collected, processed, and kept by a payment service.
- hkoffers do not collect or keep your credit card information. However, if you choose to save your credit card information for express checkout (if any), you agree and accept that the information will be encrypted and stored by the third party payment service providers.
- For your payment safety and to avoid misuse of your credit card information, hkoffers may ask for your credit card details and a copy of a government issued ID to verify your purchase after payment is complete. For privacy reasons, you will be asked to cover your ID number and your credit card number (except for the last 4 digits for verification purpose).
- If you make the payment via bank transfer (including but not limited to via Faster Payment System, FPS), hkoffers may ask for the proof of your payment to verify your purchase after the payment is received. For privacy reasons, you will be asked to cover your bank account number on such proof.
- Third-party Operators
You can choose whether to provide your Personal Information to us. However, if you do not provide us with the required Personal Information, we may not be able to provide the Services you request.
You can manage the types of Personal Information you provide to us and can limit how we communicate with you.
When you visit our Site, some information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. In other words, you also provide some Personal Information to us when you interact with our Site via cookies and other technologies.
Enabling cookies on our Site will allow the Site to function properly. Conversely, if you disable cookies on our Site, you may not be able to experience the full functionality of this Site.
By visiting our Site without changing your settings, you agree to receive all cookies and other data collection tools; however, if you do not accept the use of these cookies, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
You may also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information on and about your devices with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider and the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Storage of Information
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. hkoffers does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent hkoffers has fulfilled its obligations under no circumstances shall hkoffers be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorised access to or use of your Personal Information.
All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and not to share your password with any third party.
Usage of Information
hkoffers will not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties.
hkoffers will use Personal Information and other data collected through our Site or when making purchases to create your User Account, to provide you with the Services, to continually improve our Site and our Services, and to contact you in relation to the Services.
We process the Personal Information collected as far as necessary for performance of the contract with you, for example sending you administrative notices, any information regarding your Account activity and purchases.
From time to time, we may also make use of your Personal Information to contact you for feedback on your use of our Site, to assist us in improving our Site, or to offer special deals to you, where you have indicated your consent to receiving such communications.
If you would prefer not to receive notices of promotional updates or special deals, you may opt-out of the promotional notices at any time by following the instruction to unsubscribe (such as to click to a link or reply to unsubscribe) as explained in such notices.
Disclosure of Information
We may from time to time share and disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, some of whom may be located outside your home country. The circumstances under which such sharing and disclosure will take place may include without limitation, the following:
- If you are a visitor, to the relevant third-party operator in connection with the Item(s) which you have purchased or intend to make a purchase.
- If you are a third-party operator, to any visitor in connection with the Item(s) and/or services you are offering.
- To our third party service providers (including Google Analytics), which we engage amongst others for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
- If and to the extent required by any applicable law, order of court or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure.
- Within the hkoffers group of companies. Besides, in case of a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganization or restructuring of our corporation, your Personal Information may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or its authorised third party for carrying on our business.
- To our advisors, agencies or other parties concerned in order to protect the rights and property of hkoffers.
- In any other case, to any third parties with your prior written consent (and in which case we will make it possible for you to withdraw your consent as easily as it was to provide consent).
You can at any time access, update, rectify, and delete your Personal Information by sending us an email at [email protected] Keeping your personal data current helps ensure that we can respect your preferences and offer you the goods and services that are most relevant to you.
When handling a data access or correction request, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make the data access or correction request.
In accordance with applicable law, you may (i) request access to any Personal Information we hold about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, (ii) request that we refrain from further use of any Personal Information we hold about you, and (iii) object to our creation of user profiles about you.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your User Account is active or as needed to provide you Services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes.
We will also retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.